Monday, March 12, 2012

There is Nothing Better........week 85

Felipe's Baptism

Dear family,

Well, the work is going very well here. This Friday we baptized Felipe. Felipe is one of the most noble people that I have met. I mentioned that he is a professor of Engineering in the state university and has a firm testimony. His baptism was one that I won´t forget. As we were teaching Felipe, they offered him a promotion as one of the directors of the school. To the offered he told us ¨I rejected it. I want my time for my family and to serve in the Church. I don´t want to be tempted to drink in these situations. Its better that I don´t.¨ To say the least, I have thought much of my father. Thanks Mom and Dad, as Nephi, I was born of goodly parents. I see Even before his baptism, this man has shown a lot of faith and determination to follow Jesus Christ.

A week ago, we had a baptism of a girl named Kirle. She is the daughter of a woman that we helped activate. We were preparing the baptismal font for the service by throwing some chemicals in the font. The water comes out green so we have to throw some chemicals in and afterwards some men come to vacuum up all the grime that is in the water. However, last week the people didn't answer us. With a bit of embarrassment, we decided that there was nothing we could do. 5 minutes before the baptism, Felipe shows up to see it and we show him the font. He stops and tells my companion ¨ummm, your font is dirty. I have the vacuum to clean it up.¨ So he ran, got in his car, drove home and came back to clean the font 5 minutes before the baptism. Little did he know that he was cleaning the font for his baptism as well. I have been very impressed by this man.

It is great to hear that things are going along well at home. I will pray for Clayton.

This Friday we had a Conference in Chilpancingo with Elder Tenorio. It was one of the best conferences that I have ever had. He talked about goals, plans, discipline, prayer, and desire. Of course I loved it. To tell you the truth, it was one of the pivotal moment in my mission. He spoke of all the points which I needed. Trust in the leaders of the Church. They know what is going on.

Well family, another wonderful week in the mission field. I absolutely love being a missionary.

There is nothing better. Take care dear family. May God continue to bless you as you keep His commandments.

Love,
Elder Russell