Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 31, 2010 MTC ....... week 6

Hey Family,
I'm running a bit behind on my time so I hope that I can get everything out. Did I get the package full of love and edible delights? Absolutely. Thank you so much. No worries there. Glad to hear that you were able to get home safe and sound and that the family is doing well. Thank you for the information on the family and their email information.

Hmm, where to start. Things have been absolutely wonderful this past week. Constantly learning, constantly changing and realizing more and more that I am so blessed to be where I am at this time. I told you that I would send the letter and here it is. Family, I owe so much to you. I realize each and every day that the things that I was taught and raised by were not mere parental advices but principles which brought rich blessings. Each and every day I find myself learning more and more and realizing that the principles by which I need to abide and obey have been taught to me since my youth. I truly am grateful for all the ways in which you have raised me to succeed as a missionary and as a member of this church. It is not nearly enough but I want to make sure that you know that. I find myself reflecting upon the teachings of my mother or father or my siblings often. I am deeply appreciative for it.

This week. Well, last Tuesday we had Elder Holland come and speak at the devotional. To say the least, AWESOME! I was expecting a fireball or a lighting bolt from heaven as he bore testimony of the importance of missionary work. Such an amazing opportunity to have been able to hear him. Language is going well. I am often blessed by the Lord to have something click, just long enough to find that there is something else that I need to study which in turn brings me back to my knees. Its a great process. And the more I learn about Spanish, the more I love Mexican Spanish. It appears that it is not drastically different but it is much faster and much more like a song than a language. Every time I hear Mexican phrases I think of my siblings with their stories of Spanish street vendors. I can't wait to get out there and I've heard that I will be on time to leave for Cuernavaca. Three weeks. Its crazy.

All in all, it has been a miraculous experience. I cannot truly express the degree of how much I love this work even thus far. I am so anxious for each and every day. It is such a blessing.

I love you all family and I pray for your continual success. Thank you for everything you do and all of your support. May God continue to bless you and you continue to put your trust in Him.

Love,
Elder Russell

PS: Troy, Tyler, and Grant, I learned this phrase from our teacher from mexico city. He says that it is said all the time there with the canastas. I think about you everytime I say it. It has been canonized. "Eh, pasele joven! Aqui le tenemos unos ricos taquitos!" I love you all and keep up all the amazing work!