Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September 28, 2010 MTC....... week 10

Dear Wonderful Family,
I'm glad to hear that you were able to slow down a bit this past week. It seems like it was due. I am running a bit low on time today so forgive me if it runs short. Never a dull moment in the Lord's work.

So I am plugging away in the MTC. I absolutely love it to be honest. Of course there is the anticipation of getting the notice to go to the Consulate but it will all come in time. I count my blessings every since day for this great opportunity. Its funny how the Lord knows exactly what you need to learn, how to do it, and in what time frame. So for me, this time frame is the biggest cram session of my life. It is so awesome! I am learning things that I wasn't even considering a week ago. Once again, He knows where we are and where we need to be. I'm loving being able to be part of it.

So for me I really have counted my blessings this week. There is so much to be grateful for first off but something struck me the other day that I'd like to share. So the Elders who are waiting for visas are being placed in different upcoming classes to have teachers, a district, and the like. The Lord knows exactly who I am and my goals. One of my goals for the MTC was to be able to leave the MTC in an advanced Spanish class. I am so blessed to say that its going to happen. Come Wednesday (tomorrow), Elder Egan and I will be joining a new advanced district for our time here. The Lord knows me so well that He has allowed me to achieve my goal. It really is amazing. Thus, Elder Egan and I will be in this district until we here further notice. We are asked to check with the travel office every day to see if there is a trip to the Consulate that day. Thus, the Mexican missionaries are very commonplace in the travel office.

Well family, it really is amazing to be serving as a servant of the Lord. I look at what I have learned and how much the Lord has molded me that it is hard to look back and believe how far I come. It is my testimony that He lives. He loves us and wants to bless us with everything He has. But He will never force our ability to choose. Through the truth of His gospel restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith we know who He really is and who we really are. It is my testimony that it is true. I am so grateful for it and I desire more than anything else to share it with others. May the Lord continue to bless you my dear family.

Love,
Elder Russell

PS Tell Linda that the chocolate milk is absolutely amazing!