Monday, April 9, 2012

We Know What We Need to Do and We Do It........week 89

Dear family,

I love to hear that all is well. We didn't baptize Alma this past week because she was unavailable but this Saturday at 5 she is going to be baptized. Eros is going to baptize her too. These are the most joyous moments of the mission.

I don't have much time today but I would like to share a quick story. Felipe blessed the sacrament this past Sunday. He was really nervous but he did an amazing job. As I sat next to him in the chapel, with his white shirt on and a tie, I thought to myself, ¨if there is no other opportunity to bless than in the life of this man, I feel that I am successful.¨ I was deeply moved by this man. As we are working to help his family so that they can come with him to church, I am repeatedly moved by the conversion of this man. As we make and keep covenants, nobody has to tell us what to do. We know what we need to do and we do it. We don´t have to invent ways to get them to participate, they do it alone. Felipe made a covenant with God and that is enough for him. I am so proud of him. I hope to reflect such a conversion.

My dear family, I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have no idea where I would be without it. I am so grateful for my dear family and the Gospel. They are everything to me. Jesus Christ rose the third day and lives today. I know that we are guided by prophets and apostles today. May we follow their examples is my prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love,
Elder Russell