Monday, March 28, 2011

Why do you DO what you DO?......week 35

My Dear Family,

Working hard and putting your best foot forward. Wow how I love my family! Its really good to hear that all is well. And I am very grateful for your comments Mom about the Russell´s being in the right place at the right time. I have felt that guidance many many times in my life and the truth this week was one week in particular.

I would like to tell a story about this week that was really powerful for me. We are working very very hard with the ward right now. Its really funny because the bishopric is giving us full rein to do what we need to do with total support. Due to the fact that they know our work and the reasons why we are working in this work, they have been nothing but supportive for us. Something this week made me recognize how much I love these people. I have thought a lot about the importance of the one in missionary work. I thought about where I come from. I thought about the people who are here in this area. I think about the lives of the people and the families that are preparing themselves to go to the temple to be sealed as families. I felt so powerfully what it truly means to have joy in this world.

This week I was speaking with Elder Pineda and he asked me about the reasons why I do some of the things I do. Yes, I know that I am imperfect. The truth, I am very well known in that group. However, when we planned and worked on some things this week he asked me a few times why I do these things. I felt something very strong within me when he asked me that question and I told him that when you have served these people in the area with everything you have for more time, you will understand why I do the things I do.

When they become everything to you, you will understand what it really means to be a missionary. I spoke rather bluntly but I feel so strongly about the subject. I want to be the missionary that will never miss an opportunity. I don´t ever want to miss the chance to change the life of the one. I become very emotional with the subject. I will work until the last moment so that I may be able to find one more Betty Turner. I want to give everything I have and as I have been blessed to say that the Lord has allowed me to start another history like that of the Russell family. I want to prepare the way for many more ¨Elder Russells¨. I felt a bit like Moses this week that if my life and even my exaltation could be traded for the exaltation of others, I would do it. I love these people. I work everyday and I mimic what the other Elder Russell says in that I forget how I was before. I really began what it means to have life here in the mission field. What occupied my time before no longer means anything to me. We are spreading the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ by which we can have happiness and exaltation. Is there anything more important?

I love you very much my dear family. I will be forever grateful to my Father in Heaven for having been born in a family in which the Restored Gospel was taught. I love this work and I have never been so happy in my life. To see the lives change under the direction of the Spirit is a miracle and a blessing that I cannot describe. Live the Gospel of Jesus Christ and you will find your happiness. It is rather simple. I know it is true because it is the foundation of everything for me. Let us enjoy it!

Love,

Elder Sean Russell