Monday, May 2, 2011

We are in Full Throttle........week 40

My dear family,

As usual, we are running today and I have only a few moments. For mothers day we are going to use Skype and if you can send me your information it would be really welcomed. I believe that I will give you a call this week or the next Monday. We will see how everything plays out. And tell Grant to work really hard. I thought that he still had more time. Wow, 2 weeks. Tell him that he has got a lot of work to do.

I would like to share a story of something that happened this week for us. We have been preparing this ward for a very long time. We have a goal that in one week we are going to be in full throttle with organization, administration, and families that are showing leadership in the ward under the mission plan that we have. This past week Elder Pineda and I felt that we had already put the wall of faith for the people here. We felt that we had prepared the people in the best way that we know how. We felt that the people in one way or another were tired of listening to the words of the missionaries. We prayed and fasted this week for the way to touch the hearts of these people. This weekend we received our answer. This weekend President Spannaus came with his wife accompanied by the Área Seventy Elder Cabrera to our Stake Conference. The words that they said were exactly the answers to our prayers and fasts. They helped us clarify the last details in our preparation and inspired and challenged the members of this stake to do exactly what we have been asking them to do for the past 2 months. The whole time I was awe struck with the comments as they were dead on. The Lord knows His children. And in order to help us, He sends others to satisfy our needs. I know it is true. The Lord just opened the door to success in Amilcingo. Elder Pineda and I are very very excited. The bishopric is behind us and we are going to see the work of salvation appear in this ward. Missionary work is so cool!!!!

Take care family, I have to run. Love every moment of this beautiful time that we have to be here in this earth. To bring to pass the immortality and the eternal life of man, God created us. Let us be His work and His glory. It is my prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love,
Elder Russell