Monday, October 17, 2011

I am Trying to Be Like Jesus........week 64

My dear family,

Well, I send you my love and utter joy this week. Our prayers were answered this week and we baptized the Mateo family. After a long wait, they were finally baptized. Their baptism was one of the sweetest experiences of my mission. I decided to sing ¨I´m trying to be like Jesus¨ from the Primary. As I sang it, the sun beamed through the clouds of the week in Acapulco and fell upon my face. The Spirit filled my heart and it was even stronger as we saw them be baptized for the remission of their sins.

We had the privilege to speak to the 1st Counselor in the Stake Presidency about the missionary work in the Zone and in our ward. We spoke about the challenges we are facing and the help we need. He is an returned missionary and he got super excited. He told us, ¨Elders, we are going to do this work of salvation together. Tell what your investigators need and we will do it.¨ Oh how I love the faith, conversion, and energy of returned missionaries!

Well family, I am a bit busy but I love you so much. Thank you for your prayers and your faith. We are working crazy here. I hope to keep sending photos. Love you most!
Love,
Elder Russell
The Mateo Family