Monday, December 19, 2011

Forget Yourselves even More........week 73

My dear family,

The fact of the matter is that I don't even realize that it is Christmas. We are working as if it was any other day. But I enjoyed your comments and I thank you for all of your support. I believe that I am going to call the family Sunday at 4 in the afternoon. We are going to call from the church so it is just going to be a phone call.

This week we had 2 baptisms. One from a woman named Leticia and another from a younger man named Luis. It was really special. We have 2 baptisms for Saturday named Jimmy and Evelia, 2 more for Sunday after the services named Ana and Fernanda, and we are going to visit some 3 or 4 other families to see if God wants their baptisms for this Saturday (I know that I sure do :) ). The work has been progessing a lot in this area as well as in the Zone. We are seeing miracles in our area as we have given our best portion to the Lord. I love it. We went to prepare the church for the baptismal service Thursday morning and there were two people sitting outside. We invited them into the church and they followed us inside. To our suprise, one of them had gone to church and Guanajato and was already ready for baptism. Therefore, we did a mock interview and asked him if he wanted to be baptized. He said yes. They were in the process of moving so he didn´t show up but whenever they are settled, he is ready to be baptized. So cool!

We got a lot to do and very little time. I am going to get moving but take care my dear family. I hope that everything is well. Enjoy this season of Christmas to forget yourselves even more. Lose yourself in this great work. It is the secret to happiness.

Love,
Elder Russell

Leticia's baptism

Baptism of Luis