Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas, New Companion, New Area........week 74

Lorena's baptism

Dear family,
Well, we had our changes today and everything went really smooth. I am super excited to be in this area. Everything is flat and it is a small town. It is the total opposite of Acapulco. I feel as if I was back in Cualta. Elder Gosnell is a rockstar and I can´t wait to get working with him. My area is called Insurgentes and it is found in Iguala. Its about 40 minutes from Taxco. We are really excited to get some people baptized. We are seeing that there are a few people that we are going to prepare for baptism this week. But as of right now, you know just about as much as I do.
It is really funny. There is a younger missionary named Elder Bergen who was from Costa Azul who is working in an area right next to mine. As we got off of the bus he stopped to tell me, ¨Elder Russell, its flat here and its dry!¨ He is a very happy missionary :)

Well, I just about talked about all of the recent experiences that I have had in the past few weeks so I imagine that you all are well caught up. Therefore I took the time to send a few of the pictures of our most recent baptisms. The young woman is Elizabeth, the woman with her husband is Minerva, the short lady is Leticia, the woman wih her family is Lorena, and the tall skinny one is Luis. They are so great. The older woman is named Maria del Pilar. She is one of the coolest people I have ever met. We passed the night before Christmas with her and her family.

I hope to send you some pictures of some baptisms this week and a bit of the area. I love you family and I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven that I have such a wonderful family. May God continue to bless you.

Love,
Elder Russell

Maria del Pilar