Monday, May 21, 2012

What More Could a Mother Want?........week 95

Today is Elder Sean Russell's birthday.  In response to my birthday letter to him, I received this special gift from him today...Letter 1

Mom,
I don´t know how to say to you what I wish to say.  Emotion, gratitude, love, immense respect, reverence, and admiration are few that come to mind.  I have told you in various occasions that the majority of my lessons come from what I learned in my home with my mother and with my father.  I will never forget the day that I came home from school and I began talking to you about how creative I was.  I remember that you were there in the kitchen and you had a smile on your face as you patiently listened to me.  After I ended my spiel, I vividly remember your question, ¨Sean, where do you think you learned all those things?¨  I thought back to my classes and my friends (being very arrogant and selfish).  ¨No son, I taught you those things.¨  I love to share that story with those who do not find it easy to keep the commandment, honor thy father and thy mother so thy days may be long upon the land that the Lord thy God hath given thee.  Thank you mom.  I have become a missionary because my mom is a missionary. May God continue to bless you with the fruits of your labor of love mom.  May He always protect you and bless you as you continue to keep your covenants.  I love you Mom.  

Love,
Elder Russell

PS we went to a few caves today and here is a photo of President and Sister Spannaus and I.