Monday, December 6, 2010

I am not a Missionary but rather a "Called Disciple of Jesus Christ".......week 20

Dear Amazing Family,

Wow, congratulations to Joy and Josh as well as with the rest of the family. Everyone is really busy and sounds like they are doing really well. I don't have a lot of time to write but continue doing well family!

We are working with a bunch of people right now, particularly with families. We are working very hard to have a very white Christmas. Elder Arreola and I are hoping that we can avoid one more transfer as we have a lot of people that we can still help here. I will let you know more as things progress. We are preparing for a Christmas program this Saturday that I might be jamming out with some other Elders. Elder Arreola and I are thinking about doing some Caroling/ jamming in the streets this week. We are going to see how it goes!

Today we went to Tepozteco, a city about 30 minutes from Amilcingo to see some pyramids. I don´t think I have seen a city more beautiful than this one. We climbed a big mountain to get to them and I decided that it was about time to take my ¨Repentance¨ photo. We saw this sign that was written in Nahuatl. So cool! We also saw some vines that we had to climb. To say the least, I was thinking a bit about Boston Dr. Russell. The rest are a few of the pictures of the city. Hope you enjoy!

This week was an amazing week. I learned a great lesson this week. I learned in very plain terms that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is everything to me. There is nothing more important nor so applicable than the Gospel applied within the home. I realized that without the Gospel as taught by the prophets, I could not be happy. I realized that I cannot do anything without Jesus Christ. Without His Atonement, I am nothing. There is no other way towards happiness nor salvation except through the Gospel of Jesus Christ with His Atonement as the core of everything. Things changed dramatically this week. I am not a Missionary but rather a called disciple of Jesus Christ. The latter has a much more personal meaning to me.

Well family, I have to run but thank you for your continued prayers and love. Thank Brother Minor and Elder Alan Christopher for their letters. May you all enjoy this wonderful time of year to commemorate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that He lives and that in and through Him we can receive all that the Father wants to give us. It is my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love,
Elder Sean Russell


A P-day trip to TepostecatlThe Russell Repentance shot....amazing view!Elder Russell looks exhausted! Or is he joking around....
AHHHHHH.....the Sean I know.